Book Writing Writer

Friday 15 November 2013

What I've Found Out Today



...on the front page was my photo with the caption “Sexiest User”.  From "Old Age and Villainy" by Robyn Lee.


Below is my "asparagus stem" aka agave.
If you look closely, against the background greenery, you can see the clusters of unopened flower buds.


 I had to take this photo from approximately 10 m away to get the stem in.  The plant from which it's sprouting is roughly 180 cm in height...that will give you some idea of how tall this gigantic stem is.  If you click on the picture then click on extra large, you'll be able to get a better idea of its height.

I've mentioned synchronicity in a previous post and how it can lead us in a different direction, almost without us realising it until we use our 20/20 hind sight.

I'd been struggling somewhat over various things in my life...I won't bore you with the details...and was becoming pretty frustrated with everything.  A few days ago I needed to visit the library to change my books as I hate not having anything to read.  I picked out five books then just as I was ready to check them out, decided to have a look at a trolley of books waiting to be reshelved.  I was in the fiction section and I found the autobiography of a man for whom I have the greatest admiration...Dr Wayne W Dyer.  The book was titled "I Can See Clearly Now".

I'd heard of the book and thought it might be interesting to read but hadn't gone out of my way to look for it.  Something made me put it in my bag along with the others and I checked it out.  I'm about halfway through it and Dr Dyer talks about having a "deep knowing" of something that would happen.  I knew instantly what he was talking about as I'd had that feeling at times. I read on and he explained about the great "intelligence", for wont of a better word, that we are all aligned with, whether we are aware of it or not.  It's there for us all to access if we wish it...and therein lies the key...we need to be aware of this intelligence and have the desire to access it.  There are various names...God, Allah, Jehovah, Source, Spirit...whatever, it's all one and the same.

One of my "knowing" moments was fairly recent.  I had entered two short stories into a competition and "knew" one of them would come somewhere...however, it wasn't the one I thought it would be.  The day came and I wasn't surprised to hear my name announced as a finalist...the big surprise was when my second entry was announced as attaining second place. 

Although I "knew" one story would be successful, it never occurred to me that both would.

I believe that finding Dr Dyer's autobiography in the fiction section of the library was synchronicity and it wasn't the first time I'd been directed to a book in such a manner.  Taking that book home and reading it has reminded me not to get caught up in the everyday stuff but to relax, let it go and trust that all will be well.  It always is when I put that concept into practice...I just need to remember to practice it more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for visiting. I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Enjoy!