Book Writing Writer

Saturday 14 September 2013

A Sense of Achievement.

…wine keeps our joints well lubricated. Most people use fish oil or glucosamine but it doesn’t taste quite the same.  (From my forthcoming book "Old Age and Villainy).


Sunrise from my patio.


After procrastinating about it for the last week or so, my grandson and I finally moved my junk stuff to the nature strip outside our place for collection in the kerbside clean up taking place this week.

I had five kitchen chairs (no table...I gave that to my daughter to use for her sewing as it was a lovely big one), one of which was decidedly dodgy, a printer that looked good but didn't go, ditto a clothes dryer (which was about 11 years old and gave up the coast a few months ago) and a toasted sandwich maker which was losing it's anti-stick coating and had its moments on whether to work or not...again, several years old.

I'm considering moving into a retirement village when the lease here is up in February 2014.  Apart from the fact that they're gated communities therefore relatively secure, they offer a lot of other benefits.  As well as a pool, gym, and other sporting facilities, they usually have a restaurant and bar [how poshe ;), some have a small cinema and they are on prime real estate close to a major shopping centre, amenities and the beach...one couldn't get any better than that!  So that is my research project over the next few months.  Anyway, if I take the wheelie out tomorrow morning and the items aren't there...at least someone's had fun overnight and I hope they get some use out of the chairs at least.  Unless they're good at tinkering, they probably won't get much joy out of the other objects.

Another chore I'd been procrastinating over was moving my photos from my mobile to the computer.  That may be an easy job for computer buffs but to someone who is as technologically challenged as I am, it was akin to climbing Mt Everest on crutches.  However, after a lot of faffing around, some muttered curses (which I won't repeat), trials and errors...ta da!! I achieved what I set out to do and they are now on my 'puter, safely stored in The Cloud.  Another job out of the way.

I've also stripped the bed and washed the sheets, but that's a weekly event, anyway.

Now, the vacuum cleaning...but that's a job for another day.  Oh wait, that's right, I've asked my granddaughter to do it for me...she likes the pocket money and I certainly don't mind paying her.  As long as I don't have to do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for visiting. I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Enjoy!